Monday, March 9, 2009

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY STEVEN


February 21st was Steven’s 12th birthday. I can’t believe he is so old. He had a group of friends over to celebrate his birthday. He split everyone up into groups of twos and they rotated playing different games. One group played the wii, one played pool, one played ping pong, and one played air hockey.




They each got a turn playing everything. Their favorite by far was of course the wii. We ate cake and ice cream and did gifts. We got Steve a Darth Vader ship kite and a scooter. Right before the boys left we launched paper rockets that they made as they came. Brian built a rocket launcher out of pvc pipe. The boys loved it. We didn’t have much time or they would have kept launching their rockets. I think Steven had a great party.


We took him out to dinner that night to the Olive Garden. It was his first time going there but it was a hit. When we first sat down, the table had wine glasses on it. Steven licked his finger and rubbed it on the rim to try and make it whistle. Then he licked it to really make it wet. After declining alcohol, the waiter took the glasses away. Brian watched the waiter put them right back with the clean glasses. That’s when Steven told us he licked the rim. When the waiter returned we told him and you should have seen the look on his face. He quickly left and took our three glasses to the kitchen. It reminded us you can never be too certain that the glasses on your table are clean. Yikes.
Steven was going to be ordained a deacon the next day. Kylee and I were sick and Grandpa Cox was sick so we pushed it to the next week. So March 1st Grandma and Grandpa Horsley and Grandma and Grandpa Cox came all the way up to be with Steven for his ordination. It was a nice visit and we are so thankful that they took the time to support Steven.
Steven is such a wonderful boy. He has a kind heart and is truly sensitive. He is handsome and when not bothering his brothers is so fun to be around. He has a testimony of the gospel and has a strong desire to do what is right. He is learning to play the piano and is enjoys learning to play the bass at school. He has a love for nature and is very concerned about our environment. Steven loves to read. I think he inherited that from Grandma Horsley. He gets sucked into a book faster that you can blink. We love Steven so much and we are so glad he is part of our family.


6 comments:

Janice {Run Far} said...

Holy Moly... I can't believe he is 12. WOW!. Happy late birthday Steven.

Horsley News said...

It was a great day and we loved coming for his ordination. Congrats Steven.
love
Grandma
Horsley

The Hurst Family said...

Happy birthday Steven.RaeAnn

Horsley News said...

Happy birthday Steven!

Can't go wrong with a star wars gift. That's all I wanted for years. O.k. until I was 14.

Contratulations on being ordained.

John

Lydia said...

Happy birthday Steven. I'm glad you had a good day.

Allie's Antics said...

You did such a wonderful job at Stake Conference. I was so excited when I sat down and saw you sitting on the stand. You gave some excellent tips and personal experiences. I loved it. Way to go!!