Sunday, June 7, 2009

WELCOME SUMMER!!!!


Schools out and I love to celebrate the beginning of summer. I told the kids that if they invited the friends I would have some water activities set up in the back yard for them on their last day of school. I thought they may invite four friends or so. Sammy invited 12 girls. I was a little surprised but I thought why not. Sammy has great friends. Steven had three friends come and we had a couple younger kids from the neighborhood come over as well.

I thought it turned out really fun. I had lunch for them and then they played and had a blast. You can’t have a party without music so I set up my stereo speakers and put them in the window. Hopefully it wasn’t too loud for our neighbors. The kids played water balloon volleyball, red rover-red rover, slip and slide, played in a kiddie pool I had set up, and invented their own games when we turned on the sprinkler. We topped it off with a movie. We are now officially ready for summer.

5 comments:

The Cox Family said...

You always do such fun things for your kids. How fun!

Janice {Run Far} said...

you gotta love summer. cant wait to see you in a few days...

is that your play set in the back ground of the last pic? that is huge and super nice.

Horsley News said...

That reminds me of some of the last day of school things we did in Orem. Especially the water stuff. Great traditions to start.
love you lots.
MOM

Amberly said...

haha, sammy just cracks me up. i'm sad that i can't come up this weekend!! :( stupid ACT. good luck on your race! it will be great. can't wait to see you guys again. love ya!

www.fourspuds.com said...

I loved the last day of school. Do you guys remember the shaving cream fights in the middle of the street followed by a water fight to wash it all off? Loved it.