One of the weekends I look forward to the most all year long is my sister’s retreat weekend. This year we headed to Park city and stayed in a condo June25-27th. There was nine of us total. I have 6 sisters, two sister-in-laws, and my mother that all try and come. This year we were all there except for my sister-in-law, Sherri (We missed you Sherri). What a blast we had and I marvel every year that we all get along and like to be with each other. I count it as one of my greatest blessings in life.
We always start out the retreat with planning meals and grocery shopping. This is always quite the event and of course we always buy way too much food. We eat good and feel sick by the end, but we love it.


We love to play silly games and laugh our heads off.

I brought a stack of movies to watch but the one and only movie we watched we ended up renting.
Of course we shopped the outlet stores
.
. We went walking several times.

We followed a steep road with beautiful houses and lots of nature. And when nature called, there was even an outhouse to accommodate us.


We enjoyed a great dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. The crab cake was delicious even though Maria found a piece of paper in hers.
Ruth shared her talents with us and mom got her hair done.
Sarah also shared one of her many talents and painted our toenails. They looked beautiful and summery.

My favorite thing we did the whole weekend was to talk. We had some great conversations and my mom shared experiences she had growing up that I had never heard before. We ended it all by attending the Barney reunion which is my mother’s siblings and their families. It was great to catch up with aunts, uncles, and cousins.
It was a great weekend and I felt renewed and very grateful for my amazing sisters, mother, and even my wonderful family at home. Can’t wait until next year.
It was a great weekend and I felt renewed and very grateful for my amazing sisters, mother, and even my wonderful family at home. Can’t wait until next year.
1 comment:
What fun! We had a sibling trip last year in Park City as well. It's always nice to get away and reconnect.
Post a Comment