Wednesday, August 5, 2009

40 DAYS OF PEACE (sort of)

Disneyland here we come.

At the beginning of the summer we challenged the kids to get along this summer. They had been fighting so much at the end of the school year I knew I wouldn't survive the summer if they kept it up. We told them that if they could get along for 40 days this summer we would take them to Disneyland. Well yesterday was their 40th day. Wahoo!! We are all excited to go to Disneyland over Thanksgiving break, but the best part is they have learned to get along. They have played pretty good this summer and life for mom has been more pleasant. Hopefully, they can keep it up.

8 comments:

Horsley News said...

Isn't it wonderful. 40 days is a long time.
love
Grandma Horsley

Janice {Run Far} said...

you and I get along... will you take me with you?

Allie's Antics said...

That is so awesome! What a great goal. I bet your kids are WAY excited. I only wish summer would last longer!

The Cox Family said...

ooohh! Good idea! Plus, after 40 days it is a habit. :) Have fun... wish we could go to, but we'll be "occupied" that week. :)

Cammie said...

tell them to get along for a little while longer and come to disneyland for spring break with us!

Sarah said...

What a great idea! I've heard that thanksgiving break is the PERFECT time to go! We want to take the family next fall...I can't wait! Have fun!!!

Larkin Legacy said...

So, Jenny. coming to Disney country, are you? We'd welcome you to Hotel California, if you want. Let us know. You should be proud of your brood for their good effort. (Read my new blog if you want...) Love, Auntie

Lydia said...

That is a great idea. I might steal it.