This year a friend of mine, Gina Worthen, asked me to help her group with their scene. I joined in and I am so glad I did because it was so fun. The theme for the Pumpkin Walk was “AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS”. The groups chose a commercial to recreate. Our group chose the Keebler Elves. Someone donated an amazing tree, cookies, and a big glass of milk that they had used for a drill team dance routine and were not using anymore. It made our scene come to life. It was all so amazing. Gina and her husband sculpted the faces of the elves on to pumpkins. We planned out the scene and prepared a lot of stuff before set up, but some ideas came together as we were putting it all together.
We were there off and on for three days just to set up. I spent about 11 hours helping to set up and Gina was there a lot more. I learned so much about putting it all together. Duct tape, wire, safety pins, rebar, and T posts are very important resources in getting everything to look great. The weather cooperated o.k. for set up. It did rain during the night one day, but during the pumpkin walk it did snow and covered everything. We even had strong winds that blew the top off our big tree. When it came time to take it all down, everything was covered in snow . It was all so fun, I think we would do it in almost any kind of weather.
(This is my friend, Raquel's, scene. She does a great job every year.)
The pumpkin walk is such a fun way to bring the community together. We have people come from all over. It started at someone’s farm with a few simple scenes and now has grown into a huge event. It is such a fun way to celebrate the fall season and enjoy the creativity of so many.
I have several more posts written. Stay in tune this week and catch up on our October...
4 comments:
That does look fun! I am so un-creative I really admire other's creativity.
I love it. Looks like at lot of fun. Happy Holidays are we ready well here they come. Love ya!
Kylee is sooooooo cute. What fun tradition to be part of. We had a much smaller version of that at our school. Our pumpkin theme had to be a book and I always did Brown Bear, Brown Bear.
Love ya all
MOM
Kylee looks so cute with her face in the cut outs. Fun.
Post a Comment