Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!!!!

Happy New Year to you all. I hope your holidays are going well. We are having a relaxing time. It will be hard to get back into real life next week.


Last night we celebrated the new year with some friends at our house. We had three couples and their kids come. Our four families have gotten together for several years. The kids play downstairs and the adults play upstairs. This year we divided the kids into three groups to help with the amount of fighting that sometimes can occur. The older girls went next door to our neighbors house, the older boys had a wii to play and the younger boys had a wii to play (no we don't have two, one family brought theirs to share. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!). This set up worked really well. Except one scratching fight between the two year olds, all the kids got along well.
The adults were upstairs playing and laughing and enjoying ourselves as much or more than the kids.
And of course I can't forget the munchies. I ate my self sick. But, it is once a year and the food was so so so yummy.


When midnight came we watched the ball drop, did a little bit of cheering, a little bit of kissing (spouses only) and visited until our friends left. By the time we got to bed it was after 1:00 in the morning. It was a fun night, but I am a little tired today.


I hope everyone had a great celebration and I your 2009 is wonderful!

7 comments:

Amberly said...

happy new year! that does look like a fun night!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Look at my little (not really) Sammie. I just miss you all so much. It sounds like you had a great New Years Eve. Did you get to sleep in? I sure hope so. We didn't, I was the only one who stayed up till 12, watching "The Notebook" and Crying my eyes out. Then the kids were up at 7 am, begging for pancakes. oh well, you said it right, it's just once a year.

Hugs/Kisses

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Happy new year girl. I'm glad you had a fun night. And yes you can pig out without the guilt because it's only once a year. Love you tons.

Lydia said...

It looks like you rang the year in right, food, family and fun. It's my favorite thing to do.

Sarah said...

Party on dudes!

Happy New Year!:)

Kim said...

Looks like Times Square at your house. That's a lot of people to entertain. How fun!

The Hurst Family said...

Sounds a lot like our night minus the wii. I'm so glad to have your life at my fingertips. Love you tons. Rae