Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS



After a month of hustle and bustle, shopping, parties, being a little stressed, the day finally arrived. The kids could hardly stand it on Christmas Eve. "Can we open a present?" they asked all day long. It was funny how the answer never changed but they kept asking.

One of our family traditions is that the kids get to sleep all together on Christmas Eve. They picked the boys room and scooted all the beds together and then Sammy brought her mattress in. (She is no dumby. Comfort is important.) They stayed up way to late, but missed Santa anyway. What a sneaky Santa.

Tradition calls for a parent wake up call no sooner than 6:00 am. In past years the kids have been prompt. This year their late night paid off for Mom and Dad and they slept in until 7:30. Brian and I enjoyed sleeping in. Maybe they will wise up next year and set an alarm.

Our first Christmas present was enjoyed in November when we took the kids to Disneyland the day after Thanksgiving. Because of that Christmas was smaller this year, but I think just as fun.





My big present this year was a new lap top computer. Yeah!!!! I was so
excited. Our other lap top is really slow and having problems. This one is just for Brian and I. Most especially so I can run my new Photoshop Elements that my brother Glen got me a killer deal on because he works for an Adobe company. (Thanks Glen you are the best.) I look forward to doing some fun scrapbooking with it.

The day was a much needed relaxing one. The kids watched all the movies they got. The boys flew their remote control helicopters (yes, and even broke them), we ate too much junk food (Yum, yum), and I even got a nap. What a glorious day. I hope you all had a wonderful day as well. Now we look forward to celebrating the new year.


5 comments:

Larkin Legacy said...

How wonderful! Love, Auntie

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Looks like a great day! Glad you had a good one. Love you! and Happy New Year! Bring it on 2010!

Lydia said...

I'm glad that you had a wonderful day. It really is a great time of year even if it is so busy.

Janice {Run Far} said...

great pics. glad it was a good one for you and the family.

Horsley News said...

Looks like a great Christmas. My computer is not working and I have to use Dad's so I don't get to go on very often.
love
MOM