Sunday, May 17, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY ROSES


The Friday before Mother’s Day, I got a knock on my door. There on the other side was one of the secretaries from Sammy’s orthodontist. She was holding a dozen roses. So I guess they had a competition the last time Sammy went to the orthodontist. They had the kids write an essay about their mother and the top prize was roses for their mother. Well, I got the roses which means Sammy had the best essay about her mommy (me). Sammy said she wasn’t even going to write anything because she didn’t think she would do a good job. But, then she thought why not. So glad she did. Here is what she wrote.

“My mom is the best because she loves me no matter what I do. She takes care of me and nurtures me, but she is also my friend. She tries to understand me and help me through my struggles. She is always willing to talk and advise me. I can tell her anything and we can trust each other. She supports me in all I do. I love my mom and I know she loves me.”

I love Sammy so much. She is truly growing into a beautiful young woman. She is smart, talented, friendly, beautiful, and has a testimony of Jesus Christ.

I love all my children and they are maturing and growing up so much. My boys are handsome and smart. They are fun and love to play with each other. They are obedient and developing their testimonies of the gospel as well. I am a lucky mother.



4 comments:

Horsley News said...

That is so cool. All those things are what makes me such a lucky Grandma.
I love you all.
Grandma Susan

Janice {Run Far} said...

That totally brought a tear to my eye...

I hope someday my girls will write an essay like that about me.

The Cox Family said...

You are lucky, but THEY are lucky to have you too.

Lydia said...

Sammy is such a sweetheart. You do have good kids.